A trade show is an exhibition pulled together so that companies in a particular industry can display and showcase their goods and services to potential clients. It could include the use of display devices, banners, stands, pop-up displays, flat panel display or a booth design.
The Trade Booth Experience
The trade show booth usually consists of a display that is often set up to showcase products in malls, trade show or other public places relating to trade and services making it quite easy to transport.
The Exhibit Booth Design
Exhibit Booth is an intrinsic part of modern sales and marketing strategies, and a captivating exhibit booth design not only ensures you get more attention at a trade show but also assures you of greater visibility. A business owner who aims to achieve the desired result of being a part of a trade show is encouraged to approach an exhibit designer to design a custom trade show booth for their exhibition.
An Exhibit Designer is an expert that builds a conceptual plan for an exhibit, aimed at communicating a message or telling a story about a product, business, company and the services. The process whereby this is accomplished is termed the Exhibit Booth Design Process.
The Exhibit Booth Design Process
The Exhibit Booth Design process is applicable in the situation where there is a company that needs custom exhibits and some custom rental displays to be created for an upcoming show. The process is detailed below:
- At the beginning of the process, the Exhibit designer consults with the client to hash out the details of what they want in a uniquely designed trade show display. The essence of this consultation is to ensure that the output is a reflection of the client’s brand.
- The next step is to determine the budget of the client as this is a great determinant of the design and final product created by the exhibit designer.
- Now, the exhibit designer uses the Computer-aided design (CAD) is to create, modify, analyses a design. They often use CAD to improve the quality of design making it unique and increasing the productivity as a designer thereby enhancing communication in the trade industry through the documentation of images on the banners and substrates. The design usually comes in the form of 3D (three-dimensional spaces) or 2D (two-dimensional spaces).
- At this point in the process, a graphic artist will be employed to produce the 2D graphics that will attract people to the booth. From the design made in the CAD, effects and more fixture are included in the graphics design giving it an excellent touch, giving a specific goal and to also drive traffic to the tradeshow booth.
- After the exhibit designers have completed the design, they are then present it to the clients to determine if it is what they want their booth to look like. If the design is approved, then the designers proceed to the production phase, if otherwise, then the designer reworks the design until the client is satisfied
- After the production process has been completed and the Trade Show Exhibit booth has been constructed, it is delivered to the trade show or as instructed by the client.
Creating the perfect trade show booth design requires careful planning and skillful execution. The most practical way for exhibit designers to fully satisfy clients and companies are in producing the best displays through close communication with the client.